A couple years back, almost to the day, I posted an “Anatomy of a Planner” post. That was a great post and I still love perusing that article and what was shared there. It provided a great many ideas for anyone using a planner and gave inspiration on all the pages.
Today I am revisiting the idea. I think it’s true to say that we are always changing up the way we go about our creative energy. Even on a planner page. What use to be found may not any longer. More current aspects of our planner usage are sure to emerge. I invite you to take a look at that planner post again, (you can find it here) and in the meantime, check out all the details I have made available here today.
The most used and loved planner of this year’s collection is the Love Today large planner. This one’s my favorite. It is home to the basics for me. The original Memory Planner concept is found on these pages.
For starters, let’s talk organization.
Front pockets are great spaces for items used most often. Here are a couple of ways to use this space:
* Store Notepads for quick notes
* Letter Stickers are needful and fit perfect in the front pockets
* Love how these handy Notebooks fit right in a pocket too. So helpful cause I am always writing down all the things
* Clip a 3×4 inspirational card. Either one created yourself or otherwise
* Remember to keep Washi handy right inside the big pocket
* And if you are like me and always losing your Calendar Date Stickers…well then slip them here in this large pocket
The dashboard works for me sort of like a bulletin board on the month. A place where I keep my personal goals. List of the month’s events. Key quotes. And words of motivation that serve to keep me focused.
Here are some ideas for using Planner accessories to make it all pretty:
* Use pattern paper and the Typecast to type a favorite quote
* Washi tape creates a bit of division in a space
* Clear Icon Stamps make way for goal’s list
* Word Cards give focus to inspirational phrases
* Die cut Notepads make way for words or more journal space
* Banner Paper Clips index important pages
Next up…adding details to the calendar pages. This is a great space to customize and fill in the days with what is to come, as well as a place to add the moments in real time. Below you can see what I mean.
* Create a little embellishment cluster around the month to add seasonal flair. Stamps, Clear Sticker and colored ink attain a soft effect here.
* Clear Phrase Stickers always offer encouraging words to a busy month
* Cardstock Stickers mark an event in a bright way
* Stamp arrows on the calendar to give attention to important events or things to do
* Clear Icon Stickers remind one to take pictures
* Heart shaped Notepad with a special note break up the calendar and create interest
* Remember that icons found in the Glitter Letter Stickers add subtle bling just where it’s needed
The last section to cover today would be the daily pages. Or weekly spread. These pages don’t reset quite like the dashboard and the calendar. I work on these as I go. Take a look at how Planner accessories help these pages tell a story.
* Calendar Cardstock Stickers with inspirational phrases are some of my favorites to use. Especially right at the beginning of a new week.
* Box Stamps are useful to bullet point the events of the week
* Mix Glitter Sticker Letters with handwriting to create a customized phrase
* Washi Stickers make pretty points for the important words
* Trim a circle Notepad journal spot to fit the day’s space
* Layer Clear Stickers over other elements to create a unique embellishment
* Keep the Notepad close by and add it to the binder for easy access
And the most important addition to any planner…
…your writing. Your story. Your words. Take time everyday to write it down. Because no matter how pretty you make it all look…nothing matters as much as the story told inside.
Today I give you over 20 ways to use Memory Planner and other collections to make pretty your memories. These details are fun, easy, and always a welcome sight. Just remember the big picture…and that is what you write inside.
For even more detail and plenty of video about capturing life everyday, please join me at Big Picture Classes for my Memory Planner | Capturing Life Everyday class. A class any planner girl won’t want to miss.
Supplies: Heidi Swapp Memory Planner Collection