Ever since I found out that I could use my Minc to foil vinyl I have been thinking up different ways to utilize this fun option. Today I want to share with you a fun decor piece and tutorial I have just created to hang in my home. It uses my Minc Foil Applicator and Minc Reactive Black Foil found at Jo-Ann stores. I also used my Silhouette cameo and Silhouette vinyl plus a wooden heart to create my wall hanging.
First let me share my hanging piece. Recently I hung ( well let’s be honest here my husband hung) this fun wooden pegboard that I bought in Kmart here in Australia. I needed a place to put my Lightbox and new Lightbox shelf coming soon ( shhhhh) and a few of my favorite nick nacks. Do you spy that wooden heart hanging at the bottom of the pegboard …That’s my fun project I created.
A close up view. I love the raw wood against the black foil and the fun pops of color I added with some painted beads to hang it.
Let me share my quick tutorial with you , it really is so easy to create.
MINC WOODEN FAMILY HANGING TUTORIAL
Gather your supplies- Minc Foil Applicator and Minc Reactive Foil, Silhouette Cameo, vinyl and transfer paper, wooden shape, drill, acrylic paint
2. Drill a hole at the top of the shape to create a place to hang it.
3. Mask off the bottom portion of your shape with some washi and paint it the same color as your foil.
4. Create your words, phrase or quote in the silhouette software and cut it out using some vinyl.
5. Trim your foil to cover the vinyl and run it through the Minc.
6. Lay some Silhouette transfer paper over the foiled vinyl and burnish to ensure it is completely stuck to the vinyl.
7. Peel the backing off the transfer paper and carefully position into your wooden piece. Burnish again and remove the transfer paper.
8. To complete add some painted beads and leather thread to hang your wooden piece.
It really is a lovely eye catching piece and the black really pops against the wood.
I hope I have given you some food for thought and another fun project you can create with your Minc and foils.