What’s a planner if the pages are not actually finished? It can be a bit of a creative discipline to actually complete planner pages, but my! is it worth it.
Today’s post will take you on a tour of these completed February pages.
My calendar page includes family events, weather events, upcoming events, quotes, encouragements by way of stickers. It’s just sort of what could be called a ‘blur dump’. I like to jot down dr’s appointments and test results even. Fun little celebrations like Ground Hog Day will find it’s way here too. This is a general all purpose place for many things.
More detail can be found on the weekly pages. Let me take you on a tour of a month of these pages…and then I want to share 5 different elements you can add to your planner to help finish them as well as make them all very yours.
This is week 8-14.
The last day.
Okay…so here are some of my ideas for adding to your page. Let’s go back to the first week and I will show you some of my favorite ways to customize and finish my pages.
1. Add phrase cards to convey emotion. The ‘one day at a time’ card is a Pocket Card that is part of the Memory Planner Collection. It stated exactly what I was needing to remember and live this week. One Day At a Time was a much needed mantra right here and now. So to add it to this page, simply clipped in place with a Diamond Shape clip, was one way to convey this week’s emotion.
2. Include inspirational images. Now remember, this page is the beginning of February. Middle of winter here in the Rockies. A little instax-size image given to me from a friend was just what this page needed. To make me dream of warmer places and to remember that winter won’t last forever. Those inspirational images can really serve a good mental cause on a planner page.
3. Cards in the mail. I have a dear friend who sends me the most beautiful cards all the time. This card was so very very perfect for a Memory Planner. It was punched with the 4-hole binder punch and added right into this week. Talk about collecting memories.
4. Overlays. Overlays, especially any of the Memory Planner Overlays, are beautiful additions to any of these pages. They are already punched for the binder, beautifully rendered, and even include an inspiration reminder like ‘good things come to those who hustle’. Perfect way to add to your pages.
5. Images of a change. So last month I got my hair chopped off! We are talking all gone. I took a sneak peek image and sent to a friend. Then I sent it to my computer and printed it out for my planner. It’s just an easy way to remember when a change occurred in my life.
Finished pages don’t have to be daunting. They can be beautiful creative exercises. Hoping these included suggestions help you to complete your pages and slow down that blur.
SUPPLIES: Memory Planner 2016 Collection