I love this time of year, the festive season is upon us and it all starts with Halloween. I love that Heidi brings out the most fun items to celebrate Halloween and this year is no exception. Have you spotted the brand new Halloween in Lights collection at your local Michaels ? The collection contains some fun new Marquee Love light kits! As soon as I saw the Frankenstein Marquee Love kit I knew what I wanted to do straight away…. make some Halloween masks that we can use on the night of Halloween. I am going to share some fun inspirational photos that I asked my son and his sweet little friend to star in and then I have an easy step x step for creating your own!
You can see I used the Frankenstein Marquee Love kit and the Sugar Skull Marquee Kit to create a his and hers mask set!
These two have been the best of friends for over 5 years, I love their sweet friendship and they naturally held hands as I was taking the photos. I had them dress up as the characters to match their Marquee Lights mask, they had so much fun!
I love their cute little faces peaking out! Honestly these masks took me less than an hour to put together. They are going to be an easy DIY costume if you are stuck for ideas at the last minute.
Let me share How easy it was to create my masks.
You will need…
- Your Choice Of Halloween in Lights Marquee Love kit
- Piece of wooden dowel approx 40 inches in length
- Acrylic paint to match the color of your mask
- Glitter to match the color of your mask
- Marquee love glue or modge podge or wood glue
- paint brush
1. Assemble your Marquee Lights according to packet instructions.
2. Paint your piece of wooden dowel and allow to dry
3. Cover the dowel with glue then sprinkle with glitter. Once dry add another layer of glue to seal the glitter.
4. Using a hand drill, drill a hole just slightly smaller than the glitter dowel at the back of the Marquee shape.
5. Thread the glittered dowel through the hole and tape to the back of the mask for extra strength.
Your Halloween masks are complete. For my Sugar skull mask hot glued some faux flowers to the top of the skull for an extra pop of pizzaz.
Even though this was a trial run for Halloween both my son and his sweet little friend were so excited!
I love how quick and easy the masks are to make.
I hot glued some of the faux flowers to a head band for Kate to wear as she was using the mask too. It helps tie it all in together.
Isn’t she just the prettiest.
Isn’t Frankenstein with his glittered stick and neck bolts just cool perfect for the boys!
and the Sugar skull will be perfect for all the girls out there!
A quick snap with the Marquee Lights turned on!
They are going to make the perfect Halloween pair!
Grab your Halloween in Lights Marquee kits at your local Michaels now!