November is my Birthday month! I’m taking the time this month to be a little self indulgent ( I mean if you cant do it in your birthday month, when can you?) I am celebrating in my Time Flies Memory Planner that you can find at your local Joann store and creating a little Happy Birthday surprise ! Since it is the beginning of the month I have just reset my planner with some of the Memory Planner goodies and I wanted a fun interactive element for my birthday….follow along and see how my month is going to evolve.
One of my favorite pages in my Time Flies planner is the prompt page. This month I share some of the things I am thankful for in my life.
Since I am photographing my planner so early in the month there is only one photo in my pocket page. You can see a sneak peak of my Happy Birthday surprise ….
What is super fun about my birthday banner is that it looks like it is floating on my page because it is attached to a transparency sheet that I have added into my planner.
I love the large letters cut using my We R Memory Keepers alphabet punch board and some pretty pattern papers from the Hello Gorgeous paper pad. They are simply stitched to the transparency using my sewing machine.
Lifting up the clear page you can see how I have set up my calendar page ready for November! All I need to do is print off my photos and add my journaling and my calendar page will be done.
Let me share how easy it was to create my Birthday surprise .
- Choose three pieces of pattern paper from the Hello Gorgeous paper pad.
2. Grab the pattern papers, the We R Memory Keepers Alphabet Punch board and the punch board instruction booklet.
3. Follow the instruction in the booklet to cut out each letter.
4. Trim a piece of clear acetate to the size of the planner page.
5. Machine stitch each letter to the acetate leaving thread at each end to serve as a banner ribbon.
6. Attach the acetate with some washi tape to the calendar page. I have used the pretty pink pattern washi from the Magnolia Jane collection.
I cannot wait to fill my November with some happy memories, photos, journalling, stories- everything I love!
Dont forget you can grab all the items I used to create my birthday surprise at your local Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft store.