Hi everyone! Today I want to share a really fun DIY project you can make using an Instax Vintage Prompt Album.
In it’s original form, these albums are filled with blank pages that feature prompts which allows you to match up your instax photos (or regular photos) to the corresponding prompt on each page. As much as I adore that idea, I decided to modify this album just a little to fit the type of project I was wanting to make. Truth is, I am completely obsessed with cute little spiral bound albums and this one is no exception!
What I was envisioning was a way to easily add in my own regular 4×6 photos to the inside of this album all the while keeping the spiral bound feel (minus the white pages).
I also have been obsessed with using my We R Memory Keepers Planner Punch Board and it could not be more of a perfect tool to use to help me bring my vision to life!
The planner punch board comes with a variety of “punch inserts” so that no matter what type of binding a book or planner has (binder, coil or disc), it will provide you with professional clean punches for your pages that are ready to be added into your albums quickly and easily. Because this album has a coil, I used one of the spiral punches (pictured below).
Below is a video breakdown of how I created my album so you can see just how easy it is to do using the We R Planner Punch Board.
Just a note: when I adhered my photos together back to back as you will see in the video they were a tad “thick” for the punch so I had to assist the punch release. Normally you will NOT need to do this when using paper as it punches through beautifully, but the photos were a little thick once adhered together so it required just a little extra help on my end. But no worries! This punch is a fabulous tool!
STEPS TO CREATE AN INSTAX VINTAGE PHOTO ALBUM:
- Gently remove all of the inside pages from the coil.
- Print out your photos. I created 10 pages, using 20 photos.
- Adhere your photos back to back to create your album “page”.
- Using the We R Memory Keepers Planner Punch Board and Spiral Punch Insert Punch your photos. (Included in the punch board is very easy to follow photo instructions on how to use or you can watch a quick and easy video overview video of the punch here).
- Align your photos alongside your coil and tuck in the punches.
I hope you enjoyed this little “twist” on using the Instax Vintage Prompt Albums.
I had so much fun creating this book!