Happy happy Monday everyone!
It’s almost back-to-school time in these parts, and helping the kids get all of their school stuff together has me so inspired!
If you’re like us, you buy everything on the kids’ school supply lists…send them off to school in the fall with their backpacks stuffed with pencils, notebooks & folders…and then welcome them home on the last day of school with almost full notebooks and unused folders.
No big deal, right? The notebooks are only like $.25 each…
But I still don’t like getting rid of all that beautiful, unused paper.
So, each year, I tear out the few used pages and store the notebooks in a cabinet in our basement.
And now, I’m finally doing something about actually USING those books!
I grabbed a few of those notebooks and my wire snips and set to work refreshing the covers.
Here’s everything I needed for my project:
My Minc and some of my favorite foils…
…the new WeR Memory Keepers Planner Punch Board & Spiral Punch Inserts…
and patterned paper…I used these beautiful designs from the One Canoe Two Creekside Collection.
- To start, I removed the covers from the notebooks, and snipped off any wonky spiral wires using my wire cutters.
- Next, I trimmed down my patterned paper to fit the size of the notebooks.
- Then, I printed a few of my favorite inspirational quotes onto my patterned paper using my laser printer.
- I ran each of my new covers through my Minc…one with Champagne foil, the other with Silver foil…
- Next, I used the appropriate Spiral Punch Insert in my Planner Punch Board, and punched holes down the side of each new cover.
- And, finally, I pushed each new cover over the spirals on its new notebook! Easy peasy!
Don’t they look fantastic?
I’ve added one to the kitchen – for grocery lists and quick notes – and one to the family room, so that I can jot down ideas and reminders.
And guess what? You can make some, too!
Just download the quote .pdfs below. They’re already sized to standard notebook size (8″x10.5″), but they can be enlarged or reduced to fit your notebook.
TIP: To print these as is, switch the paper setting on your printer to “CUSTOM,” and type in the paper size – 8″wide x 10.5″ high. Then you don’t have to worry about cutting down your papers after you’ve printed them.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Heidi Swapp Minc & how it works, click HERE to see the entire library of Minc videos.
And to see more inspirational Minc posts & tutorials, simply type “MINC” or “MINC IT MONDAY” in the search bar above.
Aren’t they just so pretty?
I can’t stop looking at them.
That beautiful foil just gets me every. single. time.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
I hope I’ve inspired you to do some repurposing today!
SUPPLIES: Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator Machine, 12″ Minc Champagne Reactive Foil, 12″ Minc Silver Reactive Foil, 1Canoe2 Patterned Paper, WeR Memory Keepers Planner Punch Board, Planner Punch Board Spiral Punch Inserts, notebooks, wire cutters